Health and Safety
Health And Safety Statement
It is the intention of Revolve Systems limited to provide, so far as is reasonably practical, a safe and healthy working environment in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and all other associated legislation which remains effective and relevant.
Revolve regards the promotion of health and safety as a key element in operating a successful business. In order that this policy can be effective, the maintenance of high standards in health and safety will be a mutual objective for employees at all levels.
Revolve recognises that it has a responsibility to ensure that the health, safety and welfare of its staff are protected whilst carrying out work for Revolve, both on its own premises and at any other site.
Revolve also recognises that it has a responsibility to secure the health, safety and welfare of any person visiting or carrying out works, on its own premises or any other premises under its control.
Sean Hills - Managing Director. February 2011
In order to ensure that these objectives are met, Revolve will:
- Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation
- Take appropriate steps to prevent accidents or injury
- Provide appropriate and comprehensive procedures and guidelines
- Provide safe and healthy places of work and equipment
- Ensure that employees receive any necessary instruction, information, training and supervision to enable them to carry out their respective duties safely
- Appoint competent persons to ensure that the aims of the policy are met
- Protect the health and safety of other persons who may be affected by our business activities
- Introduce suitable arrangements to allow for communication and discussion on health and safety matters
- Regularly review and, where necessary, update this policy and any relevant health and safety procedures
- Endeavour to make continual improvements in health and safety performance, including working with clients and suppliers to develop safer working conditions, where appropriate.
Employees must recognise that they have an important part to play in the success of this policy, by:
- Taking reasonable care of themselves, their colleagues, visitors and members of the public
- Complying with all Revolve procedures and guidelines
- Only carrying out activities which they have been trained to undertake
- Never interfering with, damaging or misusing any equipment, safety device, material or facilities provided for their work activities
- Co-operating with Revolve management in all aspects of health and safety and helping to develop safer working practices
- Ensuring that any health and safety hazards are promptly reported to their manager
- Ensuring that all accidents are properly reported in line with the Revolve procedures.
Continued improvements and health and safety performance can only be achieved if suppliers of products and services to Revolve are committed to adopting similarly high standards, in particular by:
- Complying with all relevant health and safety legislation
- Abiding by the Revolve health, safety and environmental rules for contractors and any other local conditions
- Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of their employees and any other person affected by their activities
- Carrying out their activities in a safe manner and ensuring that any equipment used is suitable and maintained in a safe condition
- Co-operating fully with the nominated Revolve representatives and helping to develop safer working practices
- Promptly reporting all accidents to the Revolve representative.